Welcome to Fenham Hall Medical Group.
We understand that seeing a doctor or nurse, or even calling the surgery to make an appointment, can seem a bit daunting sometimes, especially if you want to talk about something personal or private. All the staff at the surgery are used to seeing patients of all ages so don’t be worried. Your information is confidential, and we are here to help you.
The team are friendly and approachable so please feel free to ask anything. The surgery offers a range of services including;
- Appointments with Doctors
- Appointments with Nurses
- Contraception and Sexual Health appointments
- Asthma Checkups
- Stop Smoking signposting
- Jabs and Immunisations (including Holiday, Flu and Meningitis Vaccination Blood Tests
- C Card partner so we are able to supply free condoms to anyone registered to the scheme with a C Card
The main website contains information on registration, booking appointments, and all of our team.
You can now receive appointment reminders and book and cancel your appointments by text.
We work closely with the following organisations which may also be able to help you.
Streetwise is a city centre based young people's project in Newcastle offering sexual health and mental health support for young people. We are a free and confidential service.
- We currently provide a sexual health drop-in 5 days a week staffed by Project Workers and Nurses. Young people aged 13-25 can access the full range of contraception, C-card (free condoms), Chlamydia testing, pregnancy testing. Workers offer support around wider issues such as relationships, drugs, alcohol and any other issues facing young people. We will signpost on to other services where appropriate.
- We have a counselling and mental health service offering support around mental health and well-being for young people aged 11-25. Young people talk to our Counsellors about a wide range of issues such as self-harm, bullying, abuse, domestic violence and eating disorders. We do our best to find a time that suits you.
- Young people like to access us because we are confidential, friendly, provide a safe space, react to their needs and maintain quality young people focused services.
See our website www.streetwisenorth.org.uk for up-to-date opening times and information.
We also provide independent, free and non-commercial welfare rights advice for residents aged 16 - 25 on social security benefits, tax credits and related issues. This ranges from initial advice to assistance with challenging decisions.
West End Youth Enquiry Service (WEYES)
Free confidential service for young people 11-25 years who live, work or attend education in the West End of Newcastle.
- Advice, information and support on well being, general health, relationships, bullying, housing, education, youth forum, homework and anything else you would like to chat about.
- Sign up and access to C-Card to receive free condoms,
- Sexual Health and relationships advice and support.
- Confidential chlamydia screening.
- Sexual Health Nurse available every Friday.
- Mental Health Support
- Courses in general health
- ICT facilities
- General Health Support
We signpost around Drug & Alcohol, Smoking, Housing and Careers.
Who to contact
0191 273 3997
Sexual Health Service - New Croft Centre
If you are concerned or want to talk about any aspect of your sexual health, you can make an appointment in confidence at your local NHS Sexual Health Service.
Our services - www.newcastlesexualhealth.com
Newcastle Sexual Health Service provides a wide range of free and confidential sexual health services including:
- testing for sexually transmitted infections (STIs or STDs)
- information on abortion services
- walk-in clinics
- booked appointments
Who to contact
0191 229 2999
The Newcastle C-Card Scheme
C-Card is a condom distribution scheme for young people aged 13-25 in the Newcastle area.
Its aim is to provide young people with access to free condoms at a range of sites in the community.
Tel: 0191 229 2958